Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Controls of Headphones of iPhone 5S

Hi,

I purchased my new iPhone 5S couple of days ago & i found out that i am not able to control playing music through controls given on headphones.

I can hear music on headphone but if i want to increase or reduce volume or to play/pause/next track/previous track then i cant do that even if i press the controlls multiple times. I also tried pressing & holding down the middle button but nothing works.

My iPhone is upgraded to 7.1. Is it a known issue or is it a hardware issue.

If its a hardware issue then there is lot to concern in my case as i purchased my iPhone from US & i lives in India. I am not sure if i can get the replacement or support of it in India.

Please Suggest.

Thanks,

Shrikant N.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2014 11:20 AM in response to ShrikantN

It is possible that there is a hardware issue on the phone or the earbuds, but the first thing to check it to make sure you have inserted the 3.5 mm plug all the way in.

Second thing to try would be a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

To determine which of these are the culprit, you might try borrowing a pair of earbuds from someone else. And you are correct. A device purchased in the US would need to be returned to the US for service or replacement.

Music Controls of Headphones of iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.