Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted a persons thread in my iMessages on my iPhone. I have the messages still on my iPad. I was wondering if there is any way to get them transfered back onto my iPhone?

I accidentally deleted a persons thread in my iMessages on my iPhone. I have the messages still on my iPad. I was wondering if there is any way to get them transfered back onto my iPhone?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:55 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2014 8:40 AM in response to Marlcoleman

There's no practical way to do this. The only way would be to back up your iPad, then restore the entire backup of your iPad to your iPhone. (The backup includes text messages.) However, doing this will probably cause you more pain than it's worth. Camera roll photos, for example, cannot be restored to an iPhone from an iPad backup, so would have to be imported to your computer and synced back to your phone. Also, your apps and other purchased media, app data, ringtones, visual voicemail, etc. would also revert to those on your iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.