Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro reduces resolution when connected to Thunderbolt Display

My Macbook Pro reduces the built-in display's resolution every time I connect it to a Thunderbolt display. I have it set to "Best for display" but when I plug in the TB display it sets it to "Scaled" and something lower than "Best (Retina)".

If I go into system preferences and manually set it to "Best for display" again, it keeps it that way after I unplug it from the display, but as soon as I connect it back, it happens again.

I did Install two apps (iDisplays and Splashtop Streamer) that are used to use an iPad as an extended desktop, although I don't think they are causing this because I recall this became a problem after I started using them.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong or something I should set so it doesn't happen every time? It's pretty annoying to have to open System Preferences every time.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 27-inch Thunderbolt display

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:54 AM

There are no replies.

Macbook Pro reduces resolution when connected to Thunderbolt Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.