Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 mic issue

Hi. The microphone of my iphone 5 has stopped working suddenly. If I blow on the mic and speak, it picks up sound faintly but it doesnt otherwise. Does anyone else have the same issue? I havent done any iOS updates recently on my phone. Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 8:56 AM

1 reply

Mar 22, 2014 1:53 PM in response to jyoti1983

Hello jyoti1983,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with the microphone on your iPhone 5. I notice you came from the article “iPhone: Microphone issues.” Have you attempted all of the following steps?

Resolution

1. Make sure nothing is plugged in to the jack connector.
  2. Make sure nothing is blocking any of the microphones (see the pictures below to locate the microphones on your device)
  3. Make sure none of the microphones is obstructed by dirt or debris.
  4. Turn the iPhone off and then on.
  5. Make sure that the latest version of iOS is installed.
  6. If necessary, find general iPhone hardware troubleshooting suggestions.
  7. For further assistance, contact Apple Support.

iPhone: Microphone issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts5183

If the issue with the microphone persists after trying steps 1-6, the last steps would be to reach out to Apple Support for additional assistance for this issue.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

iPhone 5 mic issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.