Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My hard disk is really slow and one of my USB ports doesn't function as normal, are those conditions included in apple repair policy?

My 2.5 year old MacBook Pro is still within in the valid period of apple care protection plan. My hard disk is now unbelievably slow, so can I change one from appl for free? And one USB port isn't working well either. Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 11:07 AM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2014 11:11 AM in response to wlfzxq123

Since you still have AppleCare, you can certainly take your machine in for diagnosis and see what the results are. Your disk may or may not be going bad - it may be loaded down with third-party software or it may be on the brink of failure. If the latter, I'm sure that it will be replaced gratis.

And if you have a USB port that isn't working, that should be repaired under AppleCare, too: even if it means replacing the entire logic board.

Make an appointment with the folks at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

Good luck,

Clinton

Mar 20, 2014 11:11 AM in response to wlfzxq123

Having a hard drive that you think is slow is not a sign that it needs to be replaced. HDDs don't "slow down." They just stop running.

Youre problems may just be due to a need for a clean up. Erase the drive, reinstall OS X, see how it behaves. If you still have a problem with it, then take it in for service.

My hard disk is really slow and one of my USB ports doesn't function as normal, are those conditions included in apple repair policy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.