Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi Ricky I tried what u suggested and my IPad has froze up on me. I can still play games and get mail I just can't dowmload anything or play any music. Should I go to the Apple Store and see if there support people can help me.

Should I go to Apple Store to see if they can help with this problem

iPad, iOS 7.1, Freezing up

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 10:43 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2014 10:51 AM in response to Gemini1953

I assume that you've been in contact with iTunes Support and that is who Ricky is (?) - we are fellow users here on these forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

What have you tried ? Is it the following :

Closing apps via the iPad's multitasking bar : double-click the home button to open the taskbar, and then swipe or drag each app's screen from there up and off the top of the screen to close them, and click the home button to close the taskbar.

A soft-reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Jul 30, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Gemini1953

Hello there!

Have you tried re-booting your device (hold home and power button for a while)? This has happened to me once and re-booting the device helps. It occurs quite frequently though (especially on the iOS 7.1), Apple has released updates to fix this bug and so far, on the current iOS 7.6, I have not experienced anymore freezing.

Regards,

Anastasia

P.S:

As mentioned by King_Penguin, the re-boot does not erase any data from your device. Good Luck!

Hi Ricky I tried what u suggested and my IPad has froze up on me. I can still play games and get mail I just can't dowmload anything or play any music. Should I go to the Apple Store and see if there support people can help me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.