Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 7.1 update I cannot connect to captive wifi connections or wifi hotspots, help?!

Since the latest update, my phone can connect to normal wifi (home wifi connected directly to a router) but it wont connect to captive wifi (my university network or my accomodation network) so basically any network that once you click connect, a screen pops up asking you to log in to the network. Have tried, resetting wifi network settings, turning phone off, taking out sim card and all the troubleshooting tips on here but still nothing? :/

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 11:13 AM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2014 9:26 AM in response to JadeCH

Howdy,

Since I can't be sure which troubleshooting tips you might've already tried from here, apologies if I suggest something that you may have already attempted unsuccessfully. Have a look at this Apple Support page (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3867) where they talk about connecting to captive Wi-Fi networks. You can try hitting Cancel button in the popup and picking Use Without Internet option, after which you can open your regular browser and try logging-in through there.

If this works, you can prevent your future-self from dealing with this automatic popup by toggling off Auto-Login option (see bottom of the same Apple Support page).

A known limitation of Apple's Captive Network Assistant (that pesky automatic popup) is that it doesn't allow saving cookies, which are often needed for signing into captive portals like the ones your university and accommodation uses.

Cheers,

pashcan

Since iOS 7.1 update I cannot connect to captive wifi connections or wifi hotspots, help?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.