Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error: -50

I am using my new Mac mini with intel core i5 4gb ram and am working on a video that is between 40mins and one hour long. I'm finished and I went to share "Apple Devices: 720HD" but all I get is "error: -50" when it comes to about 40% of the way. I tried lowering the resolution and it still did it. So my qhestion is how do I fix it so it doesn't do that anymore? Should I just upgrade the RAM, I don't think I should sense all it is is just DSLR videos shot at 1080 HD at 60 frames.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 12:11 PM

10 replies

Mar 20, 2014 4:35 PM in response to gilbertfromsc

Typically it gives a frame number if it's corrupt media. It could also be a corrupt render. Test by turning off BG Rendering in Preferences. Select the project icon in the browser and from the File menu, choose Delete Project Render Files. Delete all render files. Select about 10 minutes of your project Timeline with the Range tool. Without rendering, export as a Pro Res master file. If that section exports, it's likely that the entire project will.

Russ

Mar 22, 2014 6:33 PM in response to gilbertfromsc

gilbertfromsc wrote:

The Pro Res format is too big but I did it anyway

I'm not entirely sure what you've done so far to try and fix the problem. Delete renders?

This is the trial version by the way, but it should be just as functional as the full version shouldn't it?

Yes.

Try a short test project with different media.See whether it exports.

Russ

error: -50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.