Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn the music off in the pull up window at the bottom of the iPad?

Ever since the latest update there is no volume unless I plug in earbuds. I figured out that if music was on it would over ride you tube or any other venue I wanted to watch...so I know to shut off everything if I want to hear random items. BUT in the pull up window for quick adjustments at the bottom of the iPad I see my music is always on! How do I turn it off? How do I delete songs, artists I don't want?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 12:32 PM

5 replies

Mar 20, 2014 1:20 PM in response to JimHdk

The problem is : that because this is always on my external speaker will not emit sound. The music over rides EVERYTHING. Is there no way of turning all music off? This is a major problem for me. If I want to share a video of a grandchild with someone there is NO volume without earbuds. I've reset ALL settings (suggestion from Apple) it worked till I plugged my earbuds in the first time after the reset.

I know how to double click on the home button to bring up all open apps and swipe up to close them BUT it doesn't close them from the quick adjustment window at the bottom pull up window. It shows music still playing.

This all started with the latest update! I think it's a glitch in the system.

How do you turn the music off in the pull up window at the bottom of the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.