Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes still has organized library when this option is unchecked

I have a Mac mini late 2012 with OS X Mavericks

When I am in iTunes I press CMD+, for entering preferences.

I go to Advanced.

I uncheck "Keep Itunes Media Folder organized"

But when I go to /Users/x/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media The songs are still placed in autor and album folders.

How can I change it to be only one folder in iTunes Media?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 2:48 PM

Turning the option off leaves everything exactly where it is. Files will no longer move if you update their tags, but anything you rip or download with iTunes will still go into the default layout...

tt2

7 replies

Mar 23, 2014 10:45 AM in response to elmatus

No. Like anything ripped or downloaded iTunes will use the default stucture for anything copied into the media folder or consolidated later. There are no options to the stucture. You can turn off both the options to Keep... & Copy... and then iTunes will connect to the original files wherever they happen to be. As and when the time comes to move the library to a new drive or computer it will be much easier if all content is inside the iTunes Media folder, which in turn is inside the main iTunes folder.

tt2

iTunes still has organized library when this option is unchecked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.