Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Word for Mac 2011 repeatedly fails to display certain text boxes if I apply text changes. How can I view the invisible text?

I have Mac OS X 10.6.8. I recently had to download Office for Mac 2011, as my company mandated this over my objections. On the first 20-page Word file I received, the file looked fine until I applied track changes and made the first edit. At that point, 2 pages of text disappeared (the entire file was Calibri 11 size). The disappearing text was all in a couple of text boxes separate from the rest of the file. If I did a search, it would point to the white screen, but I could not view it except in Web layout, which is unsuitable for track changes. Unfortunately, all my supervisors say they can see the text that I cannot see.

I know that Word 2011 is notorious for not reading fonts, but this file is all in the same font/size. How can I see the hidden text before I lose my job?

iMac

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 1:19 PM

There are no replies.

My Word for Mac 2011 repeatedly fails to display certain text boxes if I apply text changes. How can I view the invisible text?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.