Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Obsolete, overnight

I use my ipad to run a 40 channel sound desk, or at least did, until the software wouldn't update any more.

I have been told that Apple will not accept software updates for iOs5 ipads. The manufacturer of the desk can't therefore upgrade the app.

What's the trade in deal on old ipads that have suddenly become obsolete overnight?

Really cross, can't afford to buy a new one, especially as the one I have is working perfectly - apart from the app upgrades

Neil

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 1:37 PM

4 replies

Mar 20, 2014 1:43 PM in response to Really cross

The original iPad cannot be updated past iOS 5.1.1. If the app you want to use requires a later version of the iOS you will need to update the iPad. Apple does not have a trade in program. But there are many ways to sell your iPad should you want to replace it.

Presently the Apple Store sells a 16 GB iPad with retina Display (iPad 4) that is Wi-Fi only for $399. There are several other more robust models at higher prices.

Mar 20, 2014 1:47 PM in response to Really cross

Apple does not do electronics trade-ins.

You can try to sell your iPad on eBay or local media websites.

A web site like gazelle.com will give you some cash for your iPad, but it wiil not be enough to purchase a new iPad.

http://www.gazelle.com/

You can check Apple's website for certified refurbished iPads that will be a c heaper than new.

OR, if you have authorized Apple resellers in your area or authorized resellers online, you can opt to purchase a used, newer iPad that may be much cheaper than Apple's prices.

Obsolete, overnight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.