Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod will not update/sync with new songs I have purchased after downloading win 8.1. Help?

I have a 160GB ipod, i think it is a classic. After uploading WIN 8.1 on my computer I can no longer sync my ipod to my itunes account. From the looks of things online I am not the only person with this problem.

Any fixes? I have about 40 songs waiting for me.

Second question.... is there a way to download the music from an ipad to an ipod? I ordered a cable with double IPOD ends...will that do it for a sync?

Nancy Rolljns

iPod classic, Windows 8, actually 8.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 3:04 PM

1 reply

Apr 10, 2014 2:03 PM in response to mrblueduck

I have the same problem and it looks like MANY people have this problem. My iPod Classic 160GB will sync with various computers runing Windows 7 or less, but not my Windows 8.1 notebook. It freezes both the iPod and iTunes when trying to copy anything to the iPod. I can erase songs on the iPod, but not copy to it. On another Windows 7 computer it all works perfectly. I have even restore and re-formatted the iPod in question multiple times. Windows 8.1 thinks there is a problem whenever I connect it and wants to scan for errors. It never finds any. No such problems on oother computers. The Apple drivers seem to have a problem on Windows 8.1. Even another iPod copy program has problems with this iPod on the Windows 8.1 computer, but not on any others. I have tried all the different USB ports, external USB hubs, etc. Windows 8.1 does not like the iPod Classic 160GB model.

Ipod will not update/sync with new songs I have purchased after downloading win 8.1. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.