Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match downloads only half of song ios 7.1

iTunes Match Songs downloaded to iPhone 5 running ios7.1 only play half a song and moves to next song. Runtime shows correct. At approx halfway point it starts to play the next song however its still showing the previous song's information. Advancing to the next song will display the correct song information and position the player head at the correct spot on the song corresponding to where it is in that song.Other songs on device previously downloaded are playing for the correct durration.

I deleted the local copies of the songs on my PC and downloaded the Match versions and that is successfully playing the complete song for those affected on my Phone.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 3:43 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2014 7:38 AM in response to Converted Canadian

Hi Converted Canadian,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may want to force the Music app to close if it is behaving unexpectedly:

1. Double-click the Home button.
  2. Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.
  3. Swipe the app's preview up to close it.

User uploaded file

These steps come from this article:

iOS: Force an app to close

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

Next, restart your iPhone if the behavior continues after closing and reopening the Music app.

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

All the best,

Jeremy

Apr 14, 2014 1:34 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks Jeremy, But forcing the app to close and hard resetting does not resolve my issue. (sorry I should have included those steps in the original report of my issue.

Also I should add that I was able to recreate the same issue on my old 4th Gen ipod touch running the most uptodate ios os for that device (6.1?). Only half song downloads.

iTunes Match downloads only half of song ios 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.