Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best book for Objective-C beginner?

Hi I'm looking for a good book for Objective-C programming. I'm a beginner and have never done any programming before. Any book suggestions?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 4:03 PM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2014 6:12 PM in response to auburnfan21

I'll be honest, for someone who has never done any programming what you want to do, learn Objective-C and I presume eventually write apps for iDevices, on your own is not going to be easy.

My recommendation for beginners is Programming in Objective-C (6th Edition) (Developer's Library) .

It starts off totally focused on Objective-C and leaves the Cocoa stuff (the Graphics, the windows) out. It also assumes no prior C experience (C is what Objective-C is based on) All the beginning programs are run from the command line. Doing it this way gives you a chance to concentrate on learning the language without the messy windows bits getting in the way.

As I said not easy but doable. You could look around to see if there are any schools or colleges in your area offering courses on beginning programming, getting into something like that will help get you started.

good luck

regards

Best book for Objective-C beginner?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.