Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I download paid apps like games?

I have a good amount of money in my account, but every time I try to download a paid app such as a game, it says my download can't be completed and gives me a URL to www.apple.com/support/iTunes. I have went to the website and can't find anything that can help me. I can download music and free apps just fine. Whoever gives me. Solution will get a 15$ gift from me. Please help I'm getting very agitated.

iPhone 3G, iOS 6.1.6, I can download music and free apps

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 5:24 PM

3 replies

Mar 20, 2014 7:23 PM in response to Koenj19

This message means that there is a restriction on the account for some reason preventing that type of purchase from processing. You'll need to contact the Account Security Team to have the restriction lifted.

To contact the Account Security Team, you can request a callback so that the call cost is covered by Apple by using getsupport.apple.com (check it's showing your country at the top of the page) and the following options:

1. More Products and Services
  2. iTunes
  3. iTunes Store
  4. Purchases, Billing & Redemption
  5. Unable to Purchase from iTunes Store
  6. Select Call me Now (if lines are currently open), Schedule a Call or send them an Email
    • Choose from the available callback slots if scheduling a call
    • Enter details and click Continue to enter the callback into Apple's system
    • If sending an Email, they will get back to you within 24hrs. Sometimes the Account Security line will refer you back to this website to send an Email if you haven't already so it may be worth doing this first to save yourself some mucking about on the phone

NB. Don't forget that as it shows the country code (+44 for UK, +353 for ROI), you need to drop the leading 0 from the beginning of your mobile number or area code!

Message was edited by: Gandalf_UK - Wrong options for website in original message

Why can't I download paid apps like games?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.