Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to prevent back door attack

hello help how to stop back door attacks quickly

Mac mini, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 5:38 PM

5 replies

Mar 22, 2014 10:48 AM in response to muttley2002

A backdoor attack implies you have download some malicious software. Don't download unknown programs.

Since there is so little to no malicious software on the Mac, you tend to hear about the real problems in the news.

I recommend that you get a littlesnitch. littlesnitch will track your Web traffic and tell you which applications are sending data from your computer. Be sure to run it awhile because it will trigger a number of alerts. In trail mode, it will run for three hours per boot for a about a month.

http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/index.html

Mar 23, 2014 3:36 AM in response to rccharles

rccharles wrote:

I recommend that you get a littlesnitch. littlesnitch will track your Web traffic and tell you which applications are sending data from your computer.

What has that got to do with "Backdoor attacks" -- whatever they are?

Since the OP hasn't defined what on earth he's talking about, I can't see how you can confidently recommend any piece of software. LS has its uses, but whether it's relevant to this case or not is completely unknown.

You might as well recoomend Microsoft Office. After all, having Office 2008 was one deterrent to the original Flashback trojan.

how to prevent back door attack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.