Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a Tax ID for publish If I live in Mexico?

The Apple iTunes Connect establish this

Requirements

• Digital rights to the books you would like to offer
  • An Apple ID for use on the iTunes Store with a valid credit card on file. This Apple ID cannot be associated with another application or iTunes Connect account.
  • A valid email account
  • A Mac with OS X 10.6 or later
  • A valid U.S. Tax ID
  • A valid bank account

You will be sent an account activation email after your U.S. Tax ID has been verified. Before you can deliver and sell your books on iBooks, you must accept the contract, provide valid banking details, and provide valid tax information.

What happen if I live in Mexico and don´t have an address in the US? I can`t sell books in the iBooks Store produced with iBook Author?

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 6:46 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2014 5:53 PM in response to maperez324

One of the requirements you need to meet is a US tax file number - and EIN, do you have one already?

This is the telephone number to use - and below is a link to a PDF. Download the PDF - print it off if you can and fill in all the answers required.

Have this with you you when you telephone the tax office. I suggest you calculate your time to telephone at THEIR 6.30pm. The office closes at 7pm and is usually "quiet" at that time and far easier to get an agent on to deal with you.

The agen will ask if you have the completed form and will quickly go through the form by numbers - which saves you time on the call. You will be given the EIN number verbally and about two weeks later after being process.. you will get a printed form in the mail. DOnt wait.. use the number given on teh phone to fill in your Apple application, but allow it will also take Apple 2 weeks or so to confirm the EIN is in place.

1-267-941-1099 USA IRS Telephone

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf

You do need a back account and a credit card - if you do not have both.. you will not get an account.

Mexico is in the list of 51 stores currently open to sell books on the iBooks store - once you get your account opened.

Good Luck.. if you get stuck along the line... come back and let us know.

I need a Tax ID for publish If I live in Mexico?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.