Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s stuck in recovery mode

my iphone 4s is in recovery mode, this happened after i shut my phone off during a software update. i've tried to hold the middle and top botton at the same time too get it out of recovery mode but it just goes back to the same screen (connect phone to itunes). im running off ios 7. ive tried to use different chargers, my itunes is the latest verision, and ive tried resetting my computer (mac). i dont want to lose all my data by restoring my phone and i didnt back up my phone to my computer. ive been trying to figure out my problem by googling everything but i cant seem to get my phone out of recovery mode. im thinking i might have messed the software up by turning my phone off while doing an update and it is forcing me to restore the phone. i have an appt at the genuis bar in a few days but would rather see if someone on here could help me out instead of driving an hour to this store.

hoping someone will be able to help...

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 7:47 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2014 10:36 AM in response to mitchie.6

you can donwload software for your window Iphone viewer, you can transfer all your data from iphone to computer.

you still have all of your music, apps and photos on your computer.

1.if you purchased music and apps from itunes you can retrive any time from itunes, Just one click TRANSFER ALL PURSHASE FROM ITUNES!! 🙂

iphone 4s stuck in recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.