Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Approx. for the 4th time “Garage band The Garage band content is now downloading"

Approx. for the 4th time “Garage band The Garage band content is now downloading"

and at the the time of installation, I get this message:

"Please check your internet connection, the installation could not be competed at this time.”

It takes 2 hours of download each time.

Now I cannot get into Garage band without it starts to download from the start.

- how to finish the download?

- if not

- how to stop it from downloading.

Garage band version 10.0.2

MacBook Pro

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

MacBook Pro, Other OS, OS X 10.9 (13A603)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 11:09 PM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2014 11:49 PM in response to AppleUserOnCommunity1

Let it download over night. You can ignore the download panel and work with GarageBand while it is downloading.

If interrupted, GarageBand will continue to download where it left off the last time.

User uploaded file

Do you have any firewalls or antivirus software active (e.g. Little Snitch), that could prevent the installer from contacting the Apple Servers? If yes, turn them off. Also, disable the Energy saver, to prevent the Mac from falling asleep and causing time outs.

Mar 21, 2014 12:25 AM in response to léonie

If you are seeing the download hanging and hanging at the "3 minutes" mark - or similar - without progress for hours, you might try this:

• Force quit GarageBand.
  • Then reset GarageBand at the AppStore using the "Debug Menu", as described by Old Toad here:
    Re: I update ios 7.0.6 to 7.1 and appstore not worked
  • After I used this brute force approach, GarageBand started "Installing" and finished with rebuilding the Loop Index.

But frankly, it looks like a bad time to try to download the update, while everybody else is trying to do the same and downloading 5GB of extra contents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.