Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s blue screen during update to 7.1

Hi, who can help? Similar story about the blue screen, just that it occured during the update. The phone went into recovery mode, I start the recovery process and it goes through half of the process and up comes the blue screen and crashes. On my macbook pro it gives me error 9 on windows error 3004. any suggestions?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.6, updating to 7.1

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 11:17 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2014 2:20 PM in response to sniffix

Hello sniffix,

These errors are typically indicative of an inability to communicate with our servers, whether as a result of security software or ports being closed by a firewall or router settings.

Resolve communication issues

Related errors: 17, 1004, 1013, 1638, 3014, 3194, or 3000-3999. These alerts refer to gs.apple.com, say "There was a problem downloading the software," or say the "device isn't eligible for the requested build."

Check the hosts file or TCP/IP filtering, which might cause communication issues between iTunes, ports, and servers.

Configure your security software

Related errors: 2, 4, 6, 9, 1000, 1611, 9006, 9807, 9844. Sometimes as a result of this issue, a device might stop responding during the restore process.

Check your security software and settings, which can block ports and prevent connection to Apple servers during update and restore.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

Cheers,

Allen

Iphone 5s blue screen during update to 7.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.