Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Word file found, but missing

Hi all,

ive recently been working on a microsoft word document that i have been saving to my usb drive...

As i was working through it again today i tried to save the new information. I clicked save and it did everything id expect it to when i would normally save it, but when i went to close the document it kept asking me if i wanted to save. After pressing save a thounsand times I finally got the sh*ts and closed the document without knowing if it had saved or not. Now when i reopen the file it only has the information i started with, not the updated version. What can i do to get my work back? Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 20, 2014 11:41 PM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2014 12:18 AM in response to s.h.i.t.t.y

Unfortunately, no. Word has an auto-save feature that will usually save the document incrementally as you work on it - why it wasn't doing so, I have no idea.

You may want to see if anyone in the MS Office forums could help you -> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macword. I work primarily in Word 2013 for Windows now and it has excellent recovery features that are lacking in the Mac version.

Clinton

Word file found, but missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.