Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.0.0.2, plugins not working anymore

Yesterday I upgraded GarageBand to 10.0.0.2

My previous vst plugins don't work anymore (Omnisphere Spectrasonics, Addictive Drums, Battery3, Lexicon LXP Reverb)..

Is there any fix?

Only Amplitube guitar plugin is working

See screenshot (sorry, only have danish version)

If I can't get it to work, is there a way to roll back to previous GB version?

Thanks

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 1:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 2:29 AM

Ok I found the old GB version, so that part is ok.. Guess I have to stay using the old version untill I found a solution to the new

Plugins still work in old GB version and in LOGIC, but not in new GB version

4 replies

Mar 23, 2014 12:07 AM in response to Mow.gli

Mow.gli,

GarageBand 10.0 can only use 64bit VST plug-ins, that conform to the "sandboxing" requirements. Check at the manufacturer's site, if you have the newest versions of your plug-ins, or if there are updates available. If yes, update. (GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins)

If your plug-ins are compatible, but still not working, reset the Audio Unit Cache and force Garageband to rescan the plugin.

1. Disable Audio Units in Garageband preferences
    - a warning is displayed, click "Continue"
  2. Quit Garageband
  3. Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
    ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache
  4. Open Garageband
  5. Enable Audio Units in preferences

Note: Your user library may be hidden by default.

To reveal it, use the "Go" menu in the Finder's menu bar. Hold down the ⌥ key, while selecting "Go", then the User Library will appear in the menu. Open the Library and look in "~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache" and the other caches I mentioned. If they exist, delete them.

May 8, 2014 11:41 AM in response to léonie

I've tried everything I could find online (including the procedures on this thread) on how to resolve the issue of installing Garageband 10.0.2 and carelessly hitting the "ignore plug-in" upon initializing GB for the very first time.

The only thing that has worked for me to have my Waves plug-ins work is creating a new user account. When I did that and fired up Garageband it instantly scanned my plug-ins and worked. So...I know it works on this computer and all the plug-ins are compatible but why can't it work under my admin account?

Garageband 10.0.0.2, plugins not working anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.