Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7.06 and iTunes couldn't connect. Had to revert to factory settings. Can't install many apps and lost data. What can I do?

When I selected to update the OS on my iPad 2, it wouldn't connect with iTunes, and I had no choice other than to revert to factory settings, losing all my data, apps etc. Everything. I knew that would happen, but also that everything was backed up on iCloud.

However, when I thought I had set up my ipad again, I found none of my documents, pdf files, songs, notes, some items on my calendar, and a bunch of other stuff had gone.

If it's on iCloud, why can't I get it back?

And has anyone got a brillaint solution?

I noticed a few others have had the same issue.

And I need the lost documents for my work with clients. My next client starts on Monday and some of his material is now lost. I am unable to open it on my iMac, as I have a newer update of Pages on my ipad. So most of these missing documents, while on my imac via icloud, are inaccessible.

HELP!!!! 😕

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 5:36 AM

1 reply

I updated my iPad 2 to iOS 7.06 and iTunes couldn't connect. Had to revert to factory settings. Can't install many apps and lost data. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.