Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JVC KW-V20BT not playing iphone through USB?

Everything else works: Bluetooth, Aux, all work with my phone, but the USB displays the song playing, but I hear no audio. I've already tried to switch the input to AV IN, but it's greyed out even when I select AV OFF. I am using an iPhone 5 and am updated to the latest iOS

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2014 5:44 AM

I just installed this system yesterday and had exactly the same problem. I called Crutchfield tech support up and had an answer in 5 minutes.

If you're using your iphone cable into the USB, you have to set the input to AV-in. But it's grayed out.

Go to the main screen and select AV-Off (then you will have access to the AV-in control)

Then go to settings, input, and select av-in

Then plug in your iphone and go to the main screen and select AV-in

From there, everything seems to work.. I can use the ipod and the pandora functions from the screen.

He said there is a JVC proprietary connector (not compatible with Iphone 5) that you would set the input to ipod to use. Gives you a few more functions.

Sometimes crutchfield.com is a few dollars more expensive, but this is why I've bought from them for years. Saved me a ton of time and headache setting up systems.

Les

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2014 5:44 AM in response to walsh16

I just installed this system yesterday and had exactly the same problem. I called Crutchfield tech support up and had an answer in 5 minutes.

If you're using your iphone cable into the USB, you have to set the input to AV-in. But it's grayed out.

Go to the main screen and select AV-Off (then you will have access to the AV-in control)

Then go to settings, input, and select av-in

Then plug in your iphone and go to the main screen and select AV-in

From there, everything seems to work.. I can use the ipod and the pandora functions from the screen.

He said there is a JVC proprietary connector (not compatible with Iphone 5) that you would set the input to ipod to use. Gives you a few more functions.

Sometimes crutchfield.com is a few dollars more expensive, but this is why I've bought from them for years. Saved me a ton of time and headache setting up systems.

Les

Jun 5, 2014 1:31 AM in response to HenryVH

Has anyone tried updating the firmware on the radio. I have this problem, but I think these updates may fix it. They are fairly recent. If they don't, another way around is to first turn AV off, then go into settings and system and change the navigation thing to off. Once you do this, set the input to AV IN instead of Ipod. It should work the same, but without app mode. I plan on running th updates later this week, and will post the status on here when i see what the sitrep is

Jul 23, 2014 8:55 PM in response to HenryVH

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue, other than directly above ^? I am unable to select av1 or av-in in the inputs menu, it is greyed-out and non-selectable. I have also gone ahead and updated the firmware to no avail. The radio head unit will recognize my phone and the song and time of song playing, and I can even browse the artist and song lists on my phone but there is simply no sound. It is past support hours but will be contacting JVC in the morning. This is an incredibly frustrating issue because I can however play the audio through bluetooth, but that drains my battery much quicker.

Please HELP!

JVC KW-V20BT not playing iphone through USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.