Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon Iphone 4 unlock FOR FREE

Hi my name is El,

I have a verizon Iphone 4 tht I am looking to unlock and be able to use as a prepaid phone, please someone help me, I dont have the money to pay for the **** online so please comment if you know how to unlock an iphone 4 for FREE.

Thank you, El.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 6:38 AM

24 replies

Mar 21, 2014 6:58 AM in response to A_McCarterx3

The better solution would be the iPhone 5 series which you can get locked to Verizon if you want to work with them, but it also has a GSM radio which is unlocked. You can use that iPhone, then, with Verizon or use with a GSM carrier, but still not with another CDMA carrier because of the above discussed problem of flashing the firmware.

May 6, 2014 1:07 PM in response to A_McCarterx3

Does this string include iphone 4S? If so, when my phone when out of contract, I went on Page Plus. I then went back to Verizon pre-paid. There was no need to unlock. That being said, I did have Verizon "unlock" the GSM function (no problem getting them to do that) which will only work overseas. I don't think it had anything to do with taking it to another cdma carrier. You can't get it unlocked for GSM (so I hear) even though there is a card slot. Nor can you get it "hacked" although there are companies and people who will say otherwise and charge for it You can "legally" unlock it to get android apps (again, nothing to do with carrier) which I tried and it said it was unlocked but I could not get android apps and I am about to undo it by converting it to a back up.

May 6, 2014 1:13 PM in response to metamom

No. This thread is specifically regarding the 4, which is a CDMA iPhone.

The 4S contains a GSM radio, however neither Verizon nor Sprint will unlock it for use on any US carrier.

An iPhone will not run Android apps at all.

If you can't undo the hack you applied to your phone, you will have to buy a new one or seek help elsewhere. What you did is legal, but it renders your phone unsupportable here.

Feb 9, 2015 3:08 PM in response to LakerHC76

LakerHC76 wrote:

Wrong...err, at least outdated. I have a Verizon 4s...was locked to Uber, the ride share company. It is both GSM and unlocked...

No, Ralph was not wrong and his information is not outdated. This thread is about an iPhone 4, which is CDMA only. The reason Ralph recommended the 5 is that it is unlocked out of the box.

Uber is not a cell phone company. Phones cannot be locked to their network as they don't have one. A phone could be activation locked to an Uber account. But that's a whole different subject.

Verizon Iphone 4 unlock FOR FREE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.