Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading Purchased Music to iTunes Plus

I just recently (last week) upgraded my iTunes to 11.1.5 and I want to share my music with my Android Phone. I have several purchases before 2009 that I want to upgrade to iTunes + but I can't find where to do it. Can someone please direct me?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 7:51 AM

Hello GlassPickl,

This can be done, but requires subscribing to iTunes Match to do so.

Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can download your previously purchased music again in the iTunes Plus format. To do so:

1. You need to delete the original DRM song from your library first. Doing this enables you to download the song again in the iTunes Plus format from iTunes in the Cloud.
  2. Click the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store.
  3. Click Music.
  4. Locate the artist of the song you want to upgrade.
  5. Click the iCloud Download icon next to the song you want to upgrade.

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

Cheers,

Allen

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 7:51 AM in response to GlassPickl

Hello GlassPickl,

This can be done, but requires subscribing to iTunes Match to do so.

Can I upgrade my previously purchased music to iTunes Plus?

Yes. If you subscribe to iTunes Match, you can download your previously purchased music again in the iTunes Plus format. To do so:

1. You need to delete the original DRM song from your library first. Doing this enables you to download the song again in the iTunes Plus format from iTunes in the Cloud.
  2. Click the Purchased tab in the iTunes Store.
  3. Click Music.
  4. Locate the artist of the song you want to upgrade.
  5. Click the iCloud Download icon next to the song you want to upgrade.

iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1711

Cheers,

Allen

Mar 30, 2014 10:18 AM in response to CarlAVII

Thank you Allen, that helps, but only for some, and not all of my purchased music. For example, I purchased Vampire Weekend's 'Oxford Comma' back in 08 (amongst others from Vampire Weekend and an entire album from Harry Christophers & The Sixteen 'Barber: Agnus Dei - An American Collection'). I don't see it in my 'purchased' section in the iTunes store so how am I supposed to download it if it's not there? Same goes for

Also, I did a manual search for it in the store and it shows as being available and purchased by me. Why wouldn't it show up in my 'purchased' section of the store and how can I get the unprotected version of it? Help please!

Upgrading Purchased Music to iTunes Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.