Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bought audiobooks via itunes; separate account as what is used for library...can't sync audiobooks to ipod shuffle...help!

Ok. I bought three audiobooks on itunes using this account--however, the library I have on my computer via itunes is another email. The library has one email, and I think the itunes store has another email. So, when I'm trying to sync these audiobooks to my ipod shuffle (3rd generation), the audiobook tab doesn't see these new audiobooks. It does however see other audiobooks that I had bought via itunes with my old account... When I right click on the unsyncable audiobooks and look at "info", the email that they're under is under this account (account A), yet, when I do the same thing for the audiobooks that it recognizes to sync onto my ipod, its my old account and the account that I think the library is using (account B). What I'm trying to do is switch accounts for my computer library so I can sync these new audiobooks to my ipod...

thanks!

PG.

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 8:05 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2014 1:00 PM in response to Psychegerm

Just to clarify some terms, the "account" you use to purchase from the iTunes Store is called an Apple ID (it is an email address). Your iTunes library on the computer is not directly linked to an Apple ID. You can even use iTunes on the computer with no Apple ID, as long as you don't download and purchase from the iTunes Store. But if you do want to use the iTunes Store, you sign in using a particular Apple ID, so that the store knows who your are.

However, there is a different link between your computer and an Apple ID. Your computer must be authorized to play content purchased using an Apple ID, if that content uses DRM (copy protection). Audiobooks use DRM. The command to authorize you computer is given from the iTunes menu bar

Store -> Authorize This Computer

In the dialog window, enter the Apple ID used to purchase those audiobooks. It sounds like your newer Apple ID is already authorized on this computer, so you need to enter the older Apple ID (the one used to make the purchases that currently do not sync) plus its password.

One computer can be authoized with multiple Apple IDs. One Apple ID can have up to five authorized computers.

Bought audiobooks via itunes; separate account as what is used for library...can't sync audiobooks to ipod shuffle...help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.