Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernal Panic on Facebook?

Hello, the last 3 days I have been having problems with my iMac on facebook. It actually started a couple of weeks ago, I typically use Google Chrome becasue the games usually work better than they do with Safari. Anyways, I started getting pop-ups on facebook from some website called updatersoft.com, and it would pop up, and it would say that Google Chrome suspected that it was a phishing site and encouraged me to back out. I did, and it happened a few more times. I took my computer into a genius bar, they said to use Safari because it was more secure, and that this was a known issue with facebook. Now, I have been having a new problem the last couple of days. It has now happened 3 days in a row. I was using Chrome to play Candy Crush, and it was running slow. Then, all of a sudden some weird dots will appear on the screen, then black stripes will appear, and then the screen will turn dark grey from top to bottom saying that the computer needs to restart, and upon restarting it will ask to send a report to apple about a "kernel panic". This has happened to me Wednesday and Thursday. So today, I tried playing on Safari, and the same this happened to me again. Does anybody have any info about what is going on? I checked for updates, the only think that needed an update was iTunes. My computer is kind of old, 2007, it originally had Leopard and has been upgraded to Snow Leopard. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:02 AM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2014 7:55 AM in response to darkstar2002

The next time the problem happens, note the date and time the problem occurred, then go to Applications/Utilities/Console and copy the log starting at the time of the crash. Paste the log in a reply. Please do not use a screen shot as they can be hard to read. If there are repeated runs of the same messages, please post only one run. Be selective about what you post and don’t post huge amounts. Make sure there is no personal data visible. Information learned from Linc Davis.

Kernal Panic on Facebook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.