Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 13 inch will not allow a HP 2600n color software update. Says it is installed but still cannot print. Am running OS X 10.6.8 and otherwise the computer operates nicely. :-)

While trying to install new printer suggested software from HP for a 2600n Laser color... it says it is fully installed... but then will NOT print. Have retried several times... turning off both the printer and the MacBook. Same old thing... says it is downloading its big file... then same 'ol fail. Have the printer plugged into either or both USB and network cables. Have tried all I know... and have run networks and related connection points in the public schools for years.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), HP printer 2600n will not update

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:05 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2014 1:54 PM in response to windyride

The setup for Mac had been fairly easy with HP, Epson, Canon, etc

and there historically was a cheat-sheet or shortcut page for Mac...

Did you get the driver for your OS X version through Apple Software Update?

{Perhaps there was a firmware update, too?}

Or was the driver/firmware download directly from HP Support pages?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us &prodNameId=446154&prodTypeId=18972&prodSeriesId=446153&swLang=8&taskId=135&swE n vOID=219

They have a product user forum, but I can't say I've used them; printers are too disposable.

And troubles I had with HP in recent years were a matter of buying an Epson instead.

HP Printer - Support Forums:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

For setup, you should not have both sets of cables attached. Had the unit been

working in the not-so-distant past with older drivers, with any Mac OS X 10.6.8?

Printer errors can be so much ufn to diagnose. Given the vintage of your HP

I wonder if their live chat support would charge to talk to you about it...?

Sorry that I don't have great or new ideas with HP issues.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

MacBook 13 inch will not allow a HP 2600n color software update. Says it is installed but still cannot print. Am running OS X 10.6.8 and otherwise the computer operates nicely. :-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.