Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes will not recognise cd's when you try and import them.

Itunes no longer recognises CD's when I try and import them. Only seems to have happened since I downloaded latest version . Have deleted all things Apple and reinstalled but no effect. Any ideas?. Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:11 AM

9 replies

Mar 21, 2014 12:23 PM in response to RAH4

Hi

No. It used to work very smoothly and quickly.

Now it freezes for a long time and then finally comes up saying cannot find CD and allows me to import tracks as unknown ones.

I don't think this is down to the CD as i have tried a few. I also deleted one I put on earlier in the week which it recognised but the same issue now occurs.

Mar 22, 2014 6:41 AM in response to Chris CA

Chris

Many thanks for your interest and help.

In the end it turned it was not a itunes software issue but down to Norton Internet Security. It did not recognise the new download as being linked with the previous itunes and so blocked it.

The answer was to go into Norton and manually enable it.

In the end so simple but took me about 4hours to sort it !

Thanks again

Richard

Apr 4, 2014 9:45 AM in response to RAH4

I too am having the same issue. iTunes does nothing when a cd is put in the drive. Win Media works fine. I have uninstalled & re-installed iTunes several times. Per a previous suggestion, I have tried to look in the registry to see if there are any devices blocking the action. I have disabled the anti virus. Nothing works.

Aug 5, 2015 2:11 AM in response to spguitar

Same issue here, anyone found a fix/workaround?

Import either appears goes very quickly and nothing actually gets imported, or freezes on a track.

Track names are recognised.

Have tried various encoder options under "import CD"

Tried both optical drives, various CDs etc.

Windows 8.1 / iTunes 12.2.1

No issue playing the CD in other players like VLC.

Still can't believe how slow v12 is in general.

itunes will not recognise cd's when you try and import them.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.