Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help!

Can my soon X-husband be storing my phone in his iCloud???

I have an iPhone 4S and at first I though my soon to be x-husband of 25 years had installed some type of spyware on my phone. Now I believe he has been storing my info in his iCloud??? Here's my story.

On January 16,2014 I lost several text messages. (Messages that he might think were something he could use) on that same day I received an odd text from an

(Unknown) sender and the message read... (not found) Also, under cellular usage, it reads... call time, current period 41 days,19 hours... lifetime 41 days,19 hours. When I went to my calendar and counted backwards 42 days, BINGO! It was January 16th!

Can ANYONE make any light of this?

PLEASE any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm dealing with a very abusive man who will stop at nothing!

iOS 7.1, Runninginfear

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:45 AM

4 replies

Mar 21, 2014 12:47 PM in response to X-spying

The x husband can only see your stuff if the phone was registered in his i cloud account. I understand it is not usual to have more then one device associated with the same account but am not 100% sure.

best thing to do is change all password and maybe call the apple helpline if you need more assistance or call your phone provider. if he is snooping in your stuff make sure all access is denied.

Mar 21, 2014 1:23 PM in response to X-spying

iCloud doesn't have anything to do with your text messages. However, you are both using the same Apple ID for iMessage, you'll end up getting each other's messages. To fix this, either change the password for the ID you are using for iMessage or change the ID by going to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID.

If these are sms messages rather than iMessages (which display as green in the Messages app), those are handled by your carrier.

Mar 21, 2014 10:39 PM in response to randers4

How can I find out for sure if he has been storing my info? Now that you mention it...I did only loose iMessages. I NEED to stop him. I NEED to prove this to the Judge. What other info is he able to store IF he is doing this? I have little to no computer knowledge and the same with the iPhone so any information that people give me a so greatly appreciated.

Mar 22, 2014 8:40 AM in response to X-spying

Sorry but I don't think there's any way to prove anything, short of seizing the phone and seeing if the messages are still on it. As far as I know, Apple doesn't know what devices may be receiving iMessages. You can contact the Apple account security team and ask them: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5699. If you call, you'll need your serial number, which you can find in Settings>General>About on your device.

As far as stopping it, as mentioned before, all you need to do is either change the password for the ID you are using for iMessage (see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5787) or change the ID by going to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with a different ID.

Please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.