Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 library file organization question

I tried searching for an answer to this question but I had no luck. Perhaps I was searching on the wrong keywords. 😐

In the older version of Aperture, you could look in the "guts" of the library and see individual projects, but as far as I can tell with Aperture 3 you can only see files by date (i.e. by year, month etc).

My problem is that I don't currently have access to the entire library via Aperture, but I have access to all the files via the cloud (I am using Crash Plan). I need to find individual files but searching chronologically makes no sense and neither does downloading the (terabyte plus) library to use in a local copy of Aperture is not feasible.

Is there a way that I can identify specific projects within the Aperture3Lib file? Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Attached is a couple of screenshots of what Crashplan shows.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:58 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2014 1:11 PM in response to mcjohnson

No sorry in Aperture 3 all that got turned into entries in database files. And even if you could find them it would do you no good because the only place an actual image file is located is in the Masters folder, where the files imported are kept and the Previews folder, where the previews are kept.

Also bear in mind that the Masters folder is organized by import date and time not image date and time.

As a side note you need to be very careful using an online backup service for Aperture (and iPhoto) libraries. Because of the way the # libraries there have been reports of some of the services causing libraries problems when restored.

regards

Aperture 3 library file organization question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.