Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrade to snow leopard

i am sending for snow leopard, have backed up with external hard drive. do i need to strip everything off computer. And how far can I get. Can I get to snow lion?

MacBook

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 12:29 PM

You don't need to clear the computer. Snow Leopard should install over what you have there and leave you with everything except now you will have a newer operating system.

As far as OS updating, you will have to provide more information about your computer. Get more information about your computer. Go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac". Write down what it says about "version"and report that here. Now continue to "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

There is no "Snow Lion" (not in Mac computing nor in the animal kingdom as far as I am aware). There is Lion OSX 10.7

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2014 12:29 PM in response to Terry108

You don't need to clear the computer. Snow Leopard should install over what you have there and leave you with everything except now you will have a newer operating system.

As far as OS updating, you will have to provide more information about your computer. Get more information about your computer. Go to the Apple in the upper left corner of any window, then "About This Mac". Write down what it says about "version"and report that here. Now continue to "More Info..." Copy and paste the information here, but omit the serial number and Hardware UUID (if present).

There is no "Snow Lion" (not in Mac computing nor in the animal kingdom as far as I am aware). There is Lion OSX 10.7

upgrade to snow leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.