Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've edited a Pages doc stored on iCloud on my iMac, and for the past hour or so it's been showing as updating on my iPad with the cogwheel going round. How do I stop it?

I've edited a Pages doc (which is stored on iCloud) on my iMac; when I checked on my iPad it just shows that the document is updating with the cog wheel going round and it's been like that now for well over an hour. While that is going on Pages on my iPad is frozen and I can't open the document. When I logged onto my iCloud account I found that the document is updated there. Can someone please explain what is going on with my iPad and how I can stop what seems a never ending process.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 12:26 PM

1 reply

Mar 23, 2014 11:57 AM in response to tomtreb

Hi tomtreb,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The article below may be able to help you with this. Click on the link to see more details.

iCloud: Troubleshooting Documents in the Cloud

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3991

Unable to update documents

Documents I've updated on my Mac or uploaded from iCloud.com don't appear on my iOS device

1. If you're using an iWork for iOS app (Pages, Numbers, or Keynote), check the iCloud system requirements and make sure that you're using the latest version of iWork. For third party apps, check the documentation that came with the app, or check with the app developer to make sure the app supports iCloud. App Store application descriptions often indicate whether the app supports iCloud.
  2. Go to Apple () menu > System Preferences on your Mac. Click iCloud and confirm that you're signed in to iCloud and the Documents & Data checkbox is selected.
  3. After opening your iOS app, wait a few minutes for the documents to appear. Your iOS device may not have connected to iCloud since changes were made to the document at iCloud.com or on your other devices.
  4. Try creating a new document on your iOS device, then check again for the documents from iCloud to appear.
  5. Go to Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data and confirm that Use Cellular Data is turned on.
  6. Confirm that you're connected to the Internet by checking for an Edge, 3G, 4G, LTE, or Wi-Fi icon in your device's status bar. Test your connection by opening apple.com in Safari.
  7. Try resetting iCloud Documents & Data service.

Note: Preview and TextEdit documents uploaded to your iCloud Documents Library on your Mac will not be visible on iCloud.com or an iOS device, and iCloud iWork documents saved to iCloud cannot be viewed in Preview or TextEdit.

Cheers,

- Judy

I've edited a Pages doc stored on iCloud on my iMac, and for the past hour or so it's been showing as updating on my iPad with the cogwheel going round. How do I stop it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.