Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have changed my email address and now have two Apple ID I want the ID on my IPad to be changed to new email address

I have two different Apple IDs since changing my email address. How do I change things so that my Apple Ipad2 and IPad Mini show the same Apple ID?

I would prefer the two accounts to be linked as I previously purchased Apps with original email address ID. Is this possible or do I lose original purchased Apps?

The IPad 2 has original email address and I don't know how to change it without possibly losing stuff when deleting account.

iPad 2

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 12:43 PM

Purchases are linked to the Apple ID they are purchased with and can't be moved or transfered between them.

Apple IDs can't be merged either.

Thus if an email (Apple ID) goes invalid, rather than creating a new Apple ID with your new email, it's usually best to rename the old one to the new one Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID.

That way you keep the one Apple ID (renamed) and all your purchases with it. Having purchases spread between multiple Apple IDs is confusing at best.

If you don't have any purchases with your new one, it might not be too late to change the new Apple ID to something else, then rename your old one to your desired ID (email).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2014 12:43 PM in response to cjauburn

Purchases are linked to the Apple ID they are purchased with and can't be moved or transfered between them.

Apple IDs can't be merged either.

Thus if an email (Apple ID) goes invalid, rather than creating a new Apple ID with your new email, it's usually best to rename the old one to the new one Apple ID: Changing your Apple ID.

That way you keep the one Apple ID (renamed) and all your purchases with it. Having purchases spread between multiple Apple IDs is confusing at best.

If you don't have any purchases with your new one, it might not be too late to change the new Apple ID to something else, then rename your old one to your desired ID (email).

May 5, 2015 7:58 AM in response to ivan54

I have the same problem , old email is no longer active as company went bust ,so can not spend my credit as told to by iTunes support as it will not download to old email ,tried putting new email in a/c as second back up email but will not accept as someone else is using that email [ME]

iTunes support tell me they can not transfer credit from my old a/c to new a/c ?? why not ??

I do not have much content in either a/c but its a pain in the arse that ITunes can not link the two a/cs even thou one email is no longer valid.

and not being very computer savy i am getting very frustrated , grrrrrrrr

May 5, 2015 9:34 AM in response to wenothappy

Let me state my understanding...

AppleID created with email address that is no longer available

Go to Manage your primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Your old email IS your login credential (Apple ID) NOT your UserName "wenothappy". change your Primary email address to a good one and that should do it.

Don't forget to log OUT of iTunes , iCloud, etc. then log back in after.

ÇÇÇ

Jun 8, 2015 5:26 PM in response to cjauburn

I had this issue when my email changed. You might give Apple a call. They had me log out of Apple on all my devices BEFORE changing my ID. You can change your Apple ID back to the original ID that is on your devices and then go from there with Apple on the line. They didn't charge me anything to do this.

Hope this helps. 🙂

I have changed my email address and now have two Apple ID I want the ID on my IPad to be changed to new email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.