Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acer K272HUL Monitor not seeing MacBook Pro

Just picked up an Acer K272HUL WQHD display from newegg. I'm getting a no signal error with the monitor when using mini display port to displayport. I've confirmed the and monitor work with another MacBook Pro. My MacBook recognized the monitor but no luck on sending a signal. So must be something with my video card. It's a 2009 MacBook Pro with the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB graphics. Any suggestions on what to do next? The link to the monitor is below.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009626

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 2:33 PM

15 replies

Mar 27, 2014 6:40 PM in response to kshea_t

kshea_t;

I had the same issue. Here is how I fixed it and I hope it works for you.

I happened to have a mini DP to DVI connector.

I connected the laptop to the monitor using DVI. This worked for me.

This allowed me to go into the monitor settings.

I noticed that in the settings there is a section called DP. It defaults to version of DP 1.2 .

I changed it to DP 1.1 and I then connected the the cable from the mini DP to DP and everything worked.

Hopefully this works for you.

Mar 28, 2014 12:12 PM in response to tisom

Hi everyone,

Quick question. What type of mini DP to DP cable did you use. I tried changing the settings from DP 1.2 to 1.1 and still no signal. I am using a MBP late 2011. To be honest I don't know if the DP port is working all the other ports have already been tested and are functional. Just want to make sure I got the right wires.

Thanks!

Aug 27, 2014 1:16 AM in response to TheOne81

Did the solution (using the same cable as kshea_t mentioned in his posting) solve your problem?

I am sitting here in front of my MBP late 2011 and a brand-new Acer K727HUL, settings are DP mode 1.1, connected with this cable:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00ESYRBB0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8 &psc=1

and the only thing I see on the monitor is:
cable not connected.

😕

Feb 5, 2015 8:36 PM in response to kshea_t

i had the same problem, i solved it by buying a more higher end "hdmi to vga" wire, i 1st bought a cheap conversion wire "hdmi to via" from a slow boat from china via Amazon and it didn't work on my macbook but seems to be working well on my windows laptop.

so i bought another conversion wire via Amozon "hdmi to vga" from a company called Sewell Quirts in a 10' version.... now my mac mirrors or extend my laptop monitor, hope this helps.

and its not a "file" issue like everyone else says in here.

and my acer monitor is an older one with only a dvi and vga inputs.... using it to extend my 2014 macbook pro retina.

Mar 20, 2015 4:02 AM in response to tisom

@tisom

Thank you so much! Your reply was very helpful. Fixed my problem too!!

But I agree that the text is blurry. I don't think that the subpixel rendering is working properly. It is strange. I bought two of this monitor (Acer K272HUL). On my first monitor, everything worked perfectly out of the box. And the fonts are very smooth (just like on my mac screen). When I go into the settings there is no option for displayport version. This tells me that the firmware is perhaps different? On my second monitor (purchased from a different vendor on Amazon), the monitor originally did not work, until I changed the settings to DP 1.1. On this monitor, the fonts are blurry, even now that it works. Here is a photo of my menu (on the monitor that works perfectly):

User uploaded file

Sep 1, 2015 8:26 AM in response to kshea_t

Hi:

I just bought this Screen K272 HULA and i have the same issue. Connected DVI-DVI I have no issues but max. resolution is FHD, when i try to connect mDP - DP all i get is a No signal error... I have a Mac Pro mid 2010 ATI Radeon HD 5870 with this wire

http://www.startech.com/Cables/Audio-Video/DisplayPort/6-ft-Mini-DisplayPort-to- DisplayPort-Adapter-Cable-Male-to-Male~MDP2DPMM6

I tried to force RGB but still with no luck and no signal income.

I also tried to change DP setting but i have not any DP setting in my menu, so I cant do it.

Please help.

What can i do?

Acer K272HUL Monitor not seeing MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.