Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

errant Absinthed.N18 on non-jailbroken device?

Hi everyone,

I had some odd stuff going on with Messages saying it wasn't delivering messages I'd send. This was on my NON-jailbroken 3rd gen iPod Touch (5.1.1). I thought it might have been the public wifi network I was on, but the problem continued when I got home. I checked processes using SYS Activity Manager, and I saw a process called "absinthed.N18" running. After I powered the iPod down and powered it back up, the process was gone.

I've never jailbroken this device (too chicken when it comes to security and don't want the potential lack of stability). I've seen a number of posts like this in the forums, but very few of them contain any answers, and none of the answers really confirm what the process is and how it gets going. Please let me know if I should be wiping this device and changing passwords or taking a chill pill.

Thanks,

beekicker

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 3:12 PM

I could not find anything for the N18 but did for other absinthed processes. They seem to be legit Apple processes

2 replies

errant Absinthed.N18 on non-jailbroken device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.