Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 black charging problem!! HELP!

I have an iphone 5 black and the problem is : Few weeks ago i put my phone to charge and it refuse tu charge so i flip the lightning cable and it worked!

Then i put my phone to charge last week and the lighning cable has some black-mess on the pins and it dind't clean iven with alchool.. i flip the cable and it worked again but this time the lightning cable must be on just one side *Verticaly to the right*... Now the iphone is not charging!! HELP! i have 2 cables,i try them,not working*They are working both on my white iphone* ! I went to apply that trick with the toothbrush but i noticed that the lightning port has one missing pin... Please,help me with some advice,tell me if there is any trick/fix and if i must replace the lighning port, do you know any start price?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 3:58 PM

Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support.

2 replies

Iphone 5 black charging problem!! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.