Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can i use someone else's sim card to activate my iphone 5c and then take it out?

I ordered an iphone 5c through eBay and i had been told before (by an iPhone 5c user) that i could use it as an iPod. But the iPhone does not come with a SIM card and i was told that the guy before did not transfer his account. If i use someone else's sim card, can i activate my iPhone using itunes and then give it back? if not, what can i do to activate it that does not require for me to buy an active SIM card? It's a sprint phone

iPhone 5c

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 3:16 PM

5 replies

Mar 21, 2014 3:18 PM in response to saraibp

You will not be able to use a SIM to activate a Sprint Phone. The Sprint phones are CDMA devices and would have to be activated through Sprint. Your best bet if you would not want to use Sprint as a carrier, and do not have any intention to use the device as a phone to return it for a refund. You would have to have a Sprint contract to activate this phone.

Can i use someone else's sim card to activate my iphone 5c and then take it out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.