Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do we get the os x 10.8 when they don't provide it?, how do we get the os x 8.0 when they don't provide it?

I can't even connect eith anybody to find out how to get this new lion 10.8. I need the mirror display for my job (teacher) and if it is their fault for giving us an upgrade that took stuff off of our macbooks then why do we have to pay for an upgrade???? I am frustrated and tempted to save up and get a dell!!!! Can anyone shed light on this problem???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 3:25 PM

22 replies

Mar 21, 2014 3:28 PM in response to mpasek

Back up your data, open the Mac App Store, and try downloading Mavericks; if it's incompatible with your computer, so is Mountain Lion. If desired, you can buy a download code for Mountain Lion from the online Apple Store instead, but it's generally only worth doing if you have software compatible with it but not Mavericks.

(103147)

how do we get the os x 10.8 when they don't provide it?, how do we get the os x 8.0 when they don't provide it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.