Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have switched back to Mountain Lion from Mavericks. Now I can't add iPhoto back to my computer. To save headaches I even tried to purchase again but in the app store, the old version is not available..?

Please help.

iPhoto '11, iOS 7.0.5, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7; 8GB 1600 MHz

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 4:10 PM

10 replies

Mar 21, 2014 4:13 PM in response to Morleyp

You will have to

reinstall from the original source

Could be

1 - the restore disks that came with the computer

or

2 - the iLife DVD that you purchased

or

3 - the app store - log in under the Apple id used to purchase the software or to set up the computer - look under purchases - you might have to unhide or accept the Application first

Then you will have to restore your backup of the older iPhoto library from your backup

LN

Mar 21, 2014 5:01 PM in response to Morleyp

Ok what ever

Actually you chose to upgrade and then changed your mind - Apple had no part in your personal decisions - you have to purchase nothing to use the courrent versions as long as yoou owned some version of iPhoto '11 prior to upgrading

As to the App store not allowing use of older versions after an upgrade - I personally think that is bad - but Apple does not care what I think

LN

Mar 21, 2014 5:21 PM in response to LarryHN

I had thought you were a nice helpful person...

You are correct that Apple had no part in my personal decision to instal their latest and greatest. This is something I often did, along with the purchase of their latest and greatest almost everything. It's also not my fault that their latest and greatest was rather lacking. Willing to put in the hours of time Apple cost me to reset my mac, time I don't have to spare, I find it pretty rough that something I clearly purchased can not be downloaded anymore.

Again, thanks for your help, the help you actually gave me was useful, the thoughts, not so much...

Mar 22, 2014 9:07 AM in response to Morleyp

It was nice of Apple to force me to buy the same product twice!

Actually, they didn't. If you had Time Machine setup on your Mac or a backup of the drive before before upgrading to Mavericks you could restore iPhoto.

If your computer came with Lion or later preinstalled then currently the only source for a working iPhoto version would be an iLife 11 disk.

Why did you go back to Mavericks?

OT

I have switched back to Mountain Lion from Mavericks. Now I can't add iPhoto back to my computer. To save headaches I even tried to purchase again but in the app store, the old version is not available..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.