Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change my default email on the "Me" contact from a Facebook email to my normal email address in the same contact? Or at least change it for the autofill information?

How do I change my default email on the "Me" contact from a Facebook email to my normal email address in the same contact? Or at least change it for the autofill information?

Perfernece for contact to change. Do I just have to dis-associate my contact fromt the facebook account? Is only the autofill changable?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, Contacts

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 7:39 PM

3 replies

Mar 21, 2014 10:26 PM in response to Rod R.

You can try editing your contact and removing the linked account at the very bottom. I have personally found Facebook contacts to be a nuisance on my iPhone since they like to override my info with FaceBook's since obviously mine is not as almighty and powerful as Facebook's, so I have made the decision to just cut off Contacts syncing from FaceBook completely in Settings > Facebook.

Good luck.

Sep 18, 2014 11:30 AM in response to Rod R.

If you allow Facebook to access your contacts and you have the @facebook.com email alias turned on, it will add the @facebook.com email to your contact info, and because it has the fixed label of "email" it overrides every other email address.

They didn't fix this in iOS 8. 😕

There are two ways to remove the @facebook.com email from your contact info:

• If you don't need your Facebook friends and their info updating your contacts, go into iOS Settings -> Facebook and turn off access to Contacts.
  • If you don't use your @facebook.com email address (all it does it forward to the primary email address) you can go into the Facebook app, More -> Settings -> General -> Email -> and uncheck "Use your Facebook email". Removing it from Account Emails does not work, you have to turn it off.

Once you do this, go to iOS Settings -> Facebook and turn Contacts off and on again to make it update your info. The @facebook.com address should be removed.

Apr 21, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Rod R.

It took me hours to figure this out and I am an old lady 😁. Glad to know I am not the only one having this problem. I had to go into my contacts, delete myself from contacts and add myself back into contacts with the correct information. Autofill pulls the information you have listed from your contact information. If that doesn't work, delete facebook app off your phone or ipad first, then follow the above steps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.