Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I watch a movie on my MacMini that I rented & downloaded on my IPad Air?

When I eventually found and selected my rented movie in the iTunes Store from my iPad Air it offered a button to "Watch" which opened said movie that I rented and downloaded several days ago. (But was unable to watch on the plane because I could not open iTunes Store without an internet connection).

But 2 minutes later, when I go into the same iTunes Store acct from my Mini and click that same movie it only offers me the opportunity rent or purchase the movie again, not to finish watching it. Even though it still offers the Watch option when I go back and access it from my iPad.

Does anybody how I can finish watching this rental movie on my Mini?

Thanks...Mike

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1, MacMini with OS X 10.9.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 8:16 PM

1 reply

Mar 22, 2014 12:44 AM in response to cushxr

You can't if you rented and downloaded it on your iPad, you can only watch it on that. From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1657 :

• If you download a rented movie on your computer: You can transfer it to a device such as your Apple TV (1st generation), iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it’s a standard-definition film (movies in HD can only be watched on your computer, iPad, iPhone 4 or later, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV). Once you move the movie from your computer to a device, the movie will disappear from your computer's iTunes library. You can move the movie between devices as many times as you wish during the rental period, but the movie can only exist on one device at a time.
  • If you download a rented movie on your iPhone 4 or later, iPad, iPod touch (4th generation or later), or Apple TV: It is not transferable to any other device or computer.

Does the rental not show in the iPad's Videos app ? You shouldn't need to go via the iTunes store app.

How do I watch a movie on my MacMini that I rented & downloaded on my IPad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.