Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Improvements to Apply keyboard: Arrows, Favorites, &/or Swipe

I wanted to ask if others supported asking Apple to seriously consider updating the iPhone keyboard. I have a 4s 7.0, so I'm not sure of what changes have been made with the update and 5, but these are some suggestions I have and was wondering if we could collaborate on this issue.

Skim-worthy Summary: Can we start a movement to ask Apple to add arrows, a favorites bar with commonly used symbols, and/or a swipe option? Since Apple does not allow alternative keyboards, one with these incredibly helpful features would make a huge difference in functionality. Are you with me?

1. Adding Arrows (like those on your keyboard)

When I switched from Android to Apple, I was very surprised that Apple did not allow downloading of other keyboards and had such a slow method of changing from letters, numbers, to symbols, and back. I'm not sure why Apple decided against making numbers more quickly accessible, but there could be another way that navagating around in one's keyboard or even switching keyboards to access symbols or emojii.

2. On that note, perhaps a Favorites Bar for commonly used symbols, or even emojii, would be a compromise if they are trying to avoid the traditional look of having a line of numbers on top that one can hold for symbol options.

3. For those who like a keyboard that learns from them, while also increasing speed (and, in my case, accuracy) of typing, Swipe is an excellent feature. For those of you who have Android, Swiftkey is a great example of this idea in action.

I think these changes are worthy of consideration by Apple. Can we make this happen?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 9:09 PM

4 replies

Improvements to Apply keyboard: Arrows, Favorites, &/or Swipe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.