Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s restarts automatically when fully charged

I charge my iPhone 5s every night. During the night, when the phone battery recharges to 100%, the phone reboots automatically. The rebooting repeats a number of times before I eventually unplug it from the charger in the morning.

I know this happens because I've observed it - for example, when I've started charging the phone before bedtime and it reaches 100% before I turn in. And also when I wake up during the night or in the morning, I've sometimes seen the phone reboot. Can't tell how often it reboots after reaching 100% but it seems to be several times during the 8 hours or so overnight.

I haven't been able to find any solutions to this issue when Googling it or searching the Apple iPhone 5s discussion boards. Would welcome any suggestions.

Not terribly worried about this issue. But, then again, something tells me Apple didn't design this phone to reboot on its own this way. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 21, 2014 11:49 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 5s restarts automatically when fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.