Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supprotedunder the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim c

The Sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supprotedunder the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim card from a supported carrier or request that this iphone be unlocked by your carrier.please contact apple for more information.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 3:44 AM

24 replies

Mar 22, 2014 3:57 AM in response to Nishit Patel

So, what's your question? Seems self explanatory: you have a carrier locked iPhone & are trying to activate it using a sim card from a carrier other than the carrier your phone is locked to.

You need to either get your phone officially unlocked, or get a sim card from the carrier your phone is locked to if you want to activate it.

Mar 27, 2014 6:40 PM in response to wjosten

I have similar message but for me the Verizon guys said they unlocked it and when I actually connected to iTunes using Verizon sim card and then did the restore as new iphone then everything worked well and at the end i saw the message "Congrats, your iphone is now unlocked" and then I did the set up as new iphone for my kid.

Once new apple ID was set up, then I removed the verizon SIM and then inserted prepaid t-mobile sim card and after the phone booted up then I got the same message like above...."not supported"

What do i do now? I think the phone is unlocked right?

Also do I need to insert Verizon SIM card and do restore as NEW and this time do not set up the iphone but change the SIM card and then set up or ?

I am confused and other threads were talking that if you get congrats message then u shd be good to use other SIM cards....please help!!!

The Sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a carrier that is not supprotedunder the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. this is not a hardware issue with the iphone. please insert another sim c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.