Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase All Content and Setting Problem

My iPad 3 (32Gb and IOS 7.04) has been stuck on the loading circle icon for approximately the past 4 hours now, i know that this process may take upto several hours, should i be worried?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 6:15 AM

I don't know if I would use the word "worried" but it's hard to imagine that it would take that long with a 32GB device even if it had 27GB of content on it.

Apple does state....

When you select to "Erase All Content and Settings," the process can take from a few minutes to several hours. The time this process takes will vary by iOS device:

It's not inconceivable to take that long but if you get beyond another hour or so, I would think about other alternatives. However, I would not panic yet.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2014 6:15 AM in response to aash_s

I don't know if I would use the word "worried" but it's hard to imagine that it would take that long with a 32GB device even if it had 27GB of content on it.

Apple does state....

When you select to "Erase All Content and Settings," the process can take from a few minutes to several hours. The time this process takes will vary by iOS device:

It's not inconceivable to take that long but if you get beyond another hour or so, I would think about other alternatives. However, I would not panic yet.

Mar 22, 2014 6:30 AM in response to aash_s

The first thing that I would try is a reset where you hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears on the screen. The iPad should start up again and there would be the possibility that the device did fully erase and it would be ready to activate again.

The second possibility would be to restore the iPad using recovery mode. That is what you do if an update ore a restore goes bad on you. It's just another way to restore the iPad. You can take a look at this.

If you can't update or restore your iOS device - Support - Apple

Erase All Content and Setting Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.