Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"accessory may not be supported" iphone 4 charger. what do i do?

okay so yesterday everything was working out fine i went to sleep and put my iphone to charge while i was asleep but then like 6am it began to buzz and i was kinda asleep so i went to see what was wrong and there was this message "accessory may not be supported" and i just took it off of the charger but now im trying to charge and i cant, i tried on my computer and with my mom's charger and nothing worked. i bought my iphone almost two years ago and nothing like that ever happened til now.

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 6:42 AM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2014 6:50 AM in response to mxrianameyer

iOS 7 is picky as to the accesories as it will only work with Apple certified products. Is your charger one of these? If so, try resetting the phone. If that does not work, try restoring from a backup, and ultimately as new.

The other thing I can think of, is that the port on the phone is defective/dirty. Did you try your charger on your Mom's phone to verify that it is not defective.

Mar 22, 2014 6:57 AM in response to FelipeV

yeah i thought about that and its not dirty at all because in my mom's iphone it works perfectly, its something with my phone. and i still use the same charger that i got when i bought my iphone, the original one. sometimes it works but doesnt charge, like it just appears that is charging but it doesn't. i tried to reset it but nothing actually changed beside the fact that now it appears that is charging but it's not really charging. the numbers don't change at all.

"accessory may not be supported" iphone 4 charger. what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.