Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleTV alternative?

I have an iMac 11,3, OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks. With other words the Mac is too old for Apple TV. Is there other ways to mirror the Mac screen on my smart TV? It’s too long distance between the Mac and TV for a cable, so it has to be with Wi Fi.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 9:16 AM

8 replies

Mar 22, 2014 3:50 PM in response to Svenborje

AirParrot works very well... I have tried it.... quality is good, but not flawless... At least on my system (Mac mini 3,1)... might vary depending on your system and video card.. In my experience, frame rate is a bit low... If you're watching YouTube videos and other standard DEF streaming media on the web then it's fine if you're trying to Stream pristine quality 1080 P video you likely won't be happy...

You know that iTunes support streaming to Apple TVs on any system you just can't do screen mirroring that would allow you to see video in the browser and things like that... But anything you have an iTunes or can convert to a format playing iTunes you can stream to your Apple TV from iTunes

AppleTV alternative?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.